Renewals and Holds
- Regular books and AV materials may be renewed twice, either in person at the Circulation Desk or over the phone as long as there is not a hold on that item and your record is in good standing (call 202-994-2962).
- You can also renew books online by logging into your account in the Library Catalog.
- Renewed items circulate for 3 weeks from the date of renewal.
- Journals and Reserve materials cannot be renewed.
Overdue fees are assessed if materials are renewed late. If an item is needed for longer than the normal renewal period, contact the Circulation Desk Manager at (202) 994-1829.
If you need a book that is checked out to another library user, you may place a hold on the item. Because circulation periods are short, Himmelfarb does not have a recall policy.
- Hold requests may be made either in person at the Circulation Desk or over the phone (call 202-994-2962).
- You will be notified by e-mail when the item is returned. Please be sure to supply contact information when placing holds.
- Items will be available for pickup at the Circulation Desk for 7 days after notification.
- If not picked up after 7 days, the item will be returned to the shelf or made available to the next requestor.