Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and Document Delivery Services
Login to your Documents2Go Account
Login to Documents2Go below to place a service request. Some requests are subject to processing fees. See our complete list of fees before placing a request. For more information on using ILL, please see our ILL Guide.
If you are requesting an item from another library, follow these steps before placing your request:
- Check to see if Himmelfarb has a copy of the book, article or other item you are requesting.
- If you are requesting a book not owned by Himmelfarb, check the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) catalog to see if a local library has a copy. If so, place a request through WRLC Library Services for quicker delivery.
- If Himmelfarb Library does not own the item or a copy of a book does not exist within the WRLC, please use Documents2Go to request a copy of the research materials you need.
Beginning January 9, 2017, Documents2Go works with your GW NetID and password.
- If you do not have a GW NetID, you can still log in to your ILLiad account as before.
- If you already have an ILLiad account, and its username is the same as your NetID, just log in with your NetID and password. You should be able to see your past transactions immediately.
- If you already have an ILLiad account, but its username doesn't match your NetID, log in with your NetID and password. Fill in your personal information to create a new account. Interlibrary Loan staff will connect your old account with the new one so you will be able to see your past transactions.
- If you haven't used ILLiad before, log in with your GW NetID and password, and fill in your personal information to create your account.
If you have difficulties with your account, please contact ILL staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Borrow from Other Libraries
Order articles and books not owned by Himmelfarb or any other GW library.
Borrow from the Washington Research Library Consortium
Order materials owned by any of the WRLC libraries through WRLC Library Services.
On-Site Storage Journal Retrieval
Email email@example.com to request a full volume/issue of a print journal located in Himmelfarb on-site storage to be retrieved for browsing in Himmelfarb Library.
Off-site Storage Journal Retrieval
Request print journal articles from Himmelfarb's off-site storage.
Request a book or photocopy/PDF of a journal article or chapter from an item owned by Himmelfarb.
Loansome Doc Service
Order articles through National Library of Medicine's PubMed System.