ILL Fees & Billing
Charges and Billing
Himmelfarb Library provides partially subsidized Interlibrary Loan and document delivery service for students, faculty, and staff of the Schools of Medicine & Health Sciences (SMHS), Public Health & Health Services (GWSPH), and Nursing (SON).
- Up to 15 requests per semester for material from other libraries may be made at no charge.
- Rush requests, with guaranteed 24-hour delivery, incur a $10 service charge. Rush Delivery is only available for Himmelfarb patrons.
- ILL costs for Childrens National Medical Center faculty, staff, and residents, as well as Foggy Bottom campus residents and research fellows in accredited programs, are billed to the respective departments.
|Affiliation||Cost Per Article|
|SMHS students, faculty, staff||15 free requests per semester, then $10 per request thereafter.|
|SON students, faculty, staff||15 free requests per semester, then $10 per request thereafter.|
|GWSPH students, faculty, staff||15 free requests per semester, then $10 per request thereafter.|
|SMHS resident||$10 per request - Invoices are billed quarterly to the Graduate Medical Education office|
|CNMC faculty, staff, resident||$10 per request - invoices are billed quarterly to Children's National Medical Center|
|UHS hospital staff||$10 per request. 5.75% DC tax applies to each request.|
|Licensed health professional||$8 per request|
|SMHS, SON, GWSPH alumni||$8 per request|
|Non-affiliates (law firms, corporations, etc.)||$25 per request. 5.75% DC tax applies to each request (if located in DC).|
|Contract Members||$14.00 per request|
GW Hospital employees are charged $10 per request for material delivered from another library, and $4 for onsite document delivery requests. Alumni are charged $8. If a charge should apply to your request, ILL staff will contact you before processing it to confirm the request. Please note that we are able to charge Banner account numbers and MFA with prior authorization from your department head (see below).
Students, faculty, and staff affiliated with the George Washington University main campus should submit ILL requests to Gelman. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Non-affiliated users, such as corporations, nonprofits, and law firms, may apply for a Documents2Go account to request materials owned by Himmelfarb. Loan and copy requests incur a $25.00 charge, plus 5.75% sales tax for organizations located in DC.
- GWorld Card (faculty, staff, and students)
- Check (payable to Himmelfarb Library)
- Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Departmental Banner index number
- Medical Faculty Associates (MFA)
*If using a Banner departmental number, please supply this number when you register for Documents2Go*
**If MFA is selected, please provide signed authorization from your MFA department head.**