Himmelfarb Library is pleased to offer alumni of the GW Schools of Medicine and Health Sciences, Milken Institute School of Public Health, and Nursing, limited physical and off-campus access to select information resources for personal education and research. Alumni of other GW schools are welcome to use Gelman Library.
As alumni of the GW Schools of Medicine and Health Sciences, Public Health and Health Services, and Nursing, you are welcome to visit Himmelfarb Library in order to use Library collections on site on an occasional basis. Off-site access to most resources is not available to alumni.
- Himmelfarb Library welcomes alumni of the three schools from 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday except holidays.
- Alumni have access to the first floor and B1 level book stacks.
- A valid GWorld Alumni card is required for admission to Ross Hall. You will be escorted to the Library from the Ross Hall security desk.
- Please present your alumni card for identification to the Circulation Desk staff, who will admit you through the turnstile and ask you to sign in.
- You will be asked to present your alumni card for identification to the Circulation Desk staff and sign in every time you visit.
- To arrange for access on weekends and evenings, please contact Catherine Sluder at (202) 994-9453 or by email at email@example.com.
- Gelman Library policies on access for alumni of the schools it serves are available at: http://library.gwu.edu/about/entrance-policies/gw-alumni
- E-Resources for alumni available from Gelman Library
GWorld Alumni Cards
- A GWorld Alumni card will be necessary for entrance to Ross Hall.
- To obtain a GWorld Alumni card, please bring your current GWorld card (if you have one) and a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport, to the GWorld Card Office at:
More information about GWorld Alumni Cards
GWorld Card Office
Marvin Center, Ground Floor
800 21st Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20052