Group Study Room Reservations
Rooms for individual or group study in the Himmelfarb Library are normally available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may now reserve a select number of rooms in Himmelfarb Library for group use. Most of the rooms can accommodate 3-4 people but four of the rooms are reserved for larger groups (4-6 people) only.
2nd Floor Rooms
The rooms located on the 2nd floor of the library may be reserved:
- Monday - Friday, 2pm - 12mid
- Saturday - Sunday, 8am - 12mid
Third Floor Rooms
The rooms located on the 3rd floor of the library may be reserved:
- 7 days a week, 8am - 12mid
The following guidelines apply to group study rooms:
- Only GW students affiliated with the School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Milken Institute School of Public Health, and School of Nursing may use or reserve these rooms.
- Students may sign up for a room on an occasional basis, up to seven days in advance. (Rooms not scheduled in advance are available only on a first-come, first served basis.)
- Groups may reserve rooms for a maximum of 4 hours at a time. (Members of the same group may not sign up for consecutive time slots!)
- Leaving personal belongings behind does not constitute use of study space, and it places those items at risk for loss or misplacement.
- Groups must be considerate of others by:
- Using courtesy when asking others to vacate the room you've reserved
- Limiting noise, food and drink
- Cleaning up prior to leaving
- Questions should be addressed to the Circulation Desk.
Himmelfarb Library reserves the right to modify the schedule at any time.