Streaming Reserves Guidelines
Faculty requesting streaming reserves MUST complete two (2) request forms:
- Media Reserves request form via Gelman
- Himmelfarb Reserves request form
Please read the following guidelines for Himmelfarb Streaming Reserves:
- Streaming media requests will have to be reviewed for fair use and copyright clearance; therefore, the library asks that such requests be submitted well in advance of the date needed for student use.
- Please allow at least 4 weeks for materials to be available as streaming media.
- If the Himmelfarb or Gelman owns the item, and it has not been placed on streaming reserves previously by you or your TA, you may place this item on streaming reserves. Every time after that, we will need copyright permission from the publisher of that item prior to placing the item on streaming reserves.
- If the item is your personal DVD or CD, we will need copyright permission from the publisher of that item, prior to placing it on streaming reserves.
- Media can only be made available for a period of 4-6 weeks.
- Physical copies will be removed from the collection while the film/documentary is on Blackboard.
- You will be contacted via email and/or phone if there is an issue with your streaming reserve request.
- We will return your personal items once the reserve has been removed from the Blackboard course.
- Media items that are protected by copyright, regardless of fair use or copyright clearance, must include a copyright notice on the digitized file.
Contact Himmelfarb Reserves